Thursday, April 17, 2008

A "full" day



Whoa Nelly, it's been a full day and I do mean full. I had a lovely lunch at the Loveless Cafe with author (and new BFF) Ann Shayne (that's her on the tractor!). I managed to stuff pulled pork, biscuits, mashed potatoes, and candied sweet potatoes down the hatch. It was a "yum"/"oy vey" combo platter, for sure.

After my lecture tonight at Belmont University, Gillian and Maria took me to Ted's Montana Grill, where in a feat of impressive gastrointestinal fortitude, I downed half a chili-cheese bison burger (with fries, salad, and rolls, natch).

Oy.

I'm laying here like a beached whale, thinking about the breakfast at Marché tomorrow morning.

Yum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm. J WO! Reminds me of heavenly times at Red Mill Burgers in Seattle, Morning Glory in Philly, and Dos Locos in Reho.....Jen, my gastro buddy always.

A sampling of my books