Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Spinning a yarn this Saturday

My favorite yarn shop in town is Hilltop Yarn, a Craftsman house that's been converted into a cozy retail and classroom space, chock full of yarns in every possible color and fiber.

Yum.

I also like the store because of the friendly staff. When I first moved back to Seattle a couple of years ago, I used to walk over there and pet the yarns. I was finishing up a knitting book (Getting Started Knitting) and needed help. Owner Jennifer Hill was only too happy to supply me with the necessary items to complete the book. When I taped an episode of Knitty Gritty (which I still haven't seen!), Susan was a study in patience as she helped me figure out a complicated Cat Bordhi cast-on.

So I'm tickled pink to be talking about The Prairie Girl's Guide to the Holidays this Saturday at Hilltop Yarn. Stop by, pick up yarn for last-minute gifts, get a signed copy of The Prairie Girl's Guide to Life, and join the conversation about how to make the holidays more meaningful and less crazed.

Where: Hilltop Yarn, 2224 Queen Anne Ave. N
When: Saturday, December 8, 1–3 pm

No comments:

A sampling of my books