Saturday, December 8, 2007

The holi-daze


I've been trying to practice my prairie preaching, but it's hard. I'm trying to remain calm in the face of the holiday tumult.

It's not working.

I haven't started Christmas shopping because I've been busy selling. I had a great signing at Hilltop Yarn today, talking with folks, signing books, and making them sample my crème brulée body soufflé (which wasn't that hard, actually, since one dab on the hands made the shop smell like a bakery). It jacked me up for my events next week, which, if you're in Seattle, I hope you make. I'd love to chat with you!

This Monday (as in the day after tomorrow)!
Stacya Silverman & Associates, Queen Anne
My pal and brow guru Stacya Silverman is opening up her Queen Anne Craftsman salon for an evening of shopping in a real boutique atmosphere. In addition to my crystal baubles and Prairie Girl Potions, there will be glamorous jewelry and treats for everyone! Swing by after work and take a look. Cash or check only, please.
When: Monday, December 10, 6–9pm
Where: 16 W. Boston St.

Tuesday (the day after the day after tomorrow)!
Sugar & Swank, Mercer Island
Shop local this holiday season. Ignore the crowds and come out to the Sugar & Swank Studio. Sip champagne, peruse my Prairie Girl Potions and sparkly baubles, and shop for chocolates, linens, custom-blended mineral makeup, and much more in the company of other sassy gals. Cash or check only, please.
When: Tuesday, December 11, 6pm
Where: 3418 77th Place SE

I know there are a lot of things going on this month (there's a weird vibe in the air: people and pets are sick and/or cranky) and if you can make it to one or more events, I’d love, love, love to see you. I suspect your mood will improve.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Holi-Daze it is !!

Hope your events went well this week..if I livedin Seattle I would be out there to greet you ! I have this long list of christmas shopping and gift making and am really feeling overwhelmed ! Like, how the heck am I going to pull this off !!

I wish I could just hibernate and make felt ornaments all day long ...but for now, I will have to a little of both. BTW I just introduced my daughter to orange/clove spice ball making (at least that's what we call it) ! We have a bowl on the table for poking in cloves at any moment that feels right. I use to do this years ago, and it was great to see that you have a love for making them as well...

A sampling of my books