Friday, December 21, 2007

Scenes from a blue-collar Friday night





A few photos from the Legion post 362. Pete Petric (the current commander) hosted a hot dog bar tonight. My stepdad Jim sprung for my mom and me: it cost the three of us $8 to eat five hot dogs, loaded up with chili, cheese, relish, onions, ketchup, mustard, olives, hot peppers, and more (not all on one dog, obviously). Life is good.

Pictures include photos of me and my mom, me and high school classmate Kelly Robinson, the bulletin board featuring my brother John (who's currently serving in Kuwait), and, my favorite, the signage in the right stall of the ladies' room: "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat." Word.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Jennifer.. Love the Michigan Posts! I sure agree on how darn nice Michiganders can be ! Funny you are in St. Joe, my Mother-In-Law is visiting us from Niles, Mi, just down the road from you. She grew up in Berrien Springs. We were just there this summer.

Merry Christmas !

Paradise Rot said...

Nice reporting. So does this mean you can go home again? Mmmmmmhot dog bar.....

A sampling of my books