Saturday, February 28, 2009

Scenes from Puyallup





I headed down to the Sewing & Stitchery Expo in Puyallup to check out the sewing scene. Okay, I admit was also lured by the prospect of fair scones and onion cheeseburgers.

I was not disappointed on any count.

I must admit that Michaela and I sort of looked like urban aliens amidst the patchwork vests and comfortable shoes in the halls, but we had good fun eking out the newest trends and technology. I thought I'd emerge with only my food expenses but toward the end of the day, I spied buttons at Marci Tilton's booth, remarkable, unique works of art from Paris' last button factory. My favorites are a sheet of six carved shell buttons that have a ring of velvet embedded in each one. I look forward to making button creations for CraftStylish this month (in honor of Susan Beal's new book, Button It Up); I'm newly inspired.

I also bought some quirky patterned organic cotton fabric from Pacific Fabrics. It's got "cute summer skirt" written all over it.

I've included a few photos to give you the fever for the flavor of the Puyallup. Got an extra $12K laying about? Maybe you'll be interested in the new Bernina...

No comments:

A sampling of my books