Monday, February 2, 2009

"Dope" Valentine's Day gift


I have a deep aversion to Valentine's Day. I go out of my way to ignore both V Day and New Year's Eve. Like many of my past boyfriends, they consistently disappoint.

Anyway, I was scrolling through various tweets today on twitter and found a link to Team EcoEtsy, a group of eco-friendly crafters on etsy. I was skimming over the creations page and was intrigued by the "Geekery" category. I clicked through and found this great store. Created by a scientist-turned-artist, Molecular Muse creates jewelry in the shape of different molecules, including caffeine, seratonin, and estrogen.

I was drawn to the dopamine earrings. I could use some pleasure in my life, or at least a reminder to seek it out. I ordered the sterling version in short order. Happy Valentine's Day to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jennifer Worick for sharing awesome twitters.The real joy blossom in the celebrations.Wish you n all around the globe a joyful Valentine's Day beforehand.

lol:)
Gifts to India|Gifts to chennai|Gifts to Bangalore

A sampling of my books