Saturday, August 25, 2007

Backcountry Betty


I got back from my whirlwind trip to the East Coast to find that advances of my new book, Backcountry Betty, had arrived. To my delight, the book is adorable—I want to cuddle with Kate Quinby's illustrations of owls, bear cubs, and Nalgene bottles, and the text still makes me giggle after having spent months writing and editing the manuscript.

It's for all of you girly girl/tomboys who want to be a style maven even if you're deep in the mountains. Trick out your fleece, pack strategically, whip up smokin' hairstyles without product or hot rollers, sex up your campsite, mix up cocktails with Crystal Light, identify flora and fauna, and push beyond basic s'mores for captivating campstove cookin'.

I just need to plan a trip to the Cascades so I can practice what I preach and teach. It'll give me an excuse to rock my pigtails again.

P.S. I'm still continuing to find sand in my ears after being mauled by a wave in Rehoboth last weekend. What's up with that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still bummed we weren't on the east coast at the same time. I'm super excited about the book too, it's so fun!! You'll have to keep me posted on the trip to the cascades... well, at least the Crystal Light cocktails!

*kate Q

A sampling of my books