Friday, February 8, 2008

The power of persuasion


Sigh. I just saw the Book-It Repertory Theater's adaption of Jane Austen's Persuasion and it was downright dreamy. Book-It adapts the novel for the stage, so you get actors reciting a character's inner turmoil or non-dialogue-driven details. It was yum, a bon-bon of a production. The humor, heartache, and longing came through loud and clear. If you are in Seattle, check it out. It runs through March 2.

In other news, I have lost my mind. I am apparently more anxious about the surgery I'm having Monday that I had thought. I left the house today and was several blocks away before I noticed I had on two different shoes. Luckily, I had another pair with me that I was taking to the Shoe Nazi in Ballard for some resole action. That is the first time in my life that I've ever done that. How gauche!

No comments:

A sampling of my books