Monday, February 25, 2008

Sew excited


I finally settled on a sewing machine. I ordered the Brother 6000 from Overstock.com ($139.99, can you believe?), based on a recommendation from Julie McCullough Kim, the owner of Make Shop and Studio in Dallas. She left me a comment on this blog and we started e-mailing fast and furiously. I love cyber-networking and cyber-friendships, don't you?

She and I did a bit of trade as well. While I was fresh out of surgery (breast reduction—yay!), I received a package filled with the most amazing hobo bag and laptop case from her EnJu line. The laptop case (see photo) is divine and is the unique but functional bag I've been searching for. Why are most laptop bags still so boring? If you are looking for something different, check out Julie's other bags at the EnJu link above (she's also got a store on etsy.com).

I can't wait for my sewing machine to arrive so I can get cookin' myself. I signed up for a class at The Quilting Loft here in Seattle. I'm going to be making an Amy Butler tunic pattern. Photos will be forthcoming if it turns out! I can't wait to make a top to fit my new shape.

No comments:

A sampling of my books