Monday, August 3, 2009

Bath bomb demo was the bomb!




By the looks of the happy faces on vendors and customers, the Urban Craft Uprising was a huge success on all fronts. My friends Susan Beal and Sister Diane conducted workshops and signed books on Saturday. I had the pleasure of doing the same on Sunday.

A baker's dozen of crafters gathered in the demo area to learn how to make bath bombs (one of the many nature-based projects in Backcountry Betty: Crafting with Style). In short order, participants were sniffing essential oils and mixing up their bombs. After packing ice-cube trays with crafty goodness (as Sister Diane would say in her craftypod podcast), they gently twisted the trays to pop out their fizzy treats. There were a few casualties, I'm not gonna lie, but overall, everyone was pleased to learn how to make these easy and inexpensive bombs. Thanks to the great staff at the Uprising, my friend Jessica Campbell (who originally showed me how to make these lovelies), and everyone who stepped up to the table to get their hands dirty, at least temporarily.

1 comment:

Diane Gilleland said...

Looks like it rocked! Still sad I couldn't be there...

A sampling of my books