Sunday, October 12, 2008

Quasi-crafty weekend

It's been a delightful and full weekend. I've visited friends, laid in bed with Mac Daddy reading The Monster of Florence (which is terrific if you like historical nonfiction serial killer stories set in the hills of Tuscany, which I apparently do), cleaned up the crib, checked out a trunk show at Velouria of lovely Susan's Una designs, and got to crafting.

Inspired by my stamped bracelet tutorial of last week, I got to conceiving a two-tiered necklace with one of my favorite quotes: "By words the mind is winged" (Aristophanes). For the necklace, I decided to go meaningful rather than embrace my love of cheese: "It's my way or the highway" (Roadhouse), "I want my two dollars" (Better Off Dead), "This one goes to eleven." (This Is Spinal Tap), and "Just a small-town girl, living in a lonely world" ("Don't Stop Believin' by Journey) were all contenders that I eventually ruled out. Here's the uneven result (that's a pen hanging off the pendant). It's a work in progress and but I'm road-testing it right now.

What would you want stamped on your bracelet or necklace?

No comments:

A sampling of my books