Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My birthday's for the birds

I am having a lovely time in Philadelphia, spending quality time with old friends. I've also spent quality time with gin and tonics, spicy sausage, and baked beans. My former neighbors hosted a cookout last night in the courtyard I used to share with them. It was a lovely and joyous occasion, filled with laughter, intrigue, and a whole lotta food and drink.

Melissa brought me the most amazing birthday gift. When we were in Spool last week, I happened to ooh and ah over the window display. She's making me this bird mobile. She had about six birds done and I cannot wait to hang the finished mobile in my home. I'm trying to determine the best place to showcase this lovely work of art.


event girl said...

hey you...
so happy to hear your big day was filled with food & drink!
Can't wait to see the bird mobile!
back to the sun worship for me :)

Caroline said...

It was so great to see you while you were in Philly! Hope you had a safe trip home.


A sampling of my books