Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Crafting a Craft Proposal

It's been a while, like, a seriously long time, since I've blogged here. But that's not to say I haven't been spreading my words all over the place. In addition to writing various freelance pieces (my recent favorite is this sea glass essay in the May issue of Horizon Airlines magazine; p. 104), Kerry and I have been helping others to shape their ideas into viable book proposals and overall educating folks on the Business of Books.

Judi Ketteler is helping to spread the word. A fellow craft author, I met a then very pregnant Judi at a craft trade show last summer, where we were doing all sorts of make and takes. And I was just blown away by her book Sew Retro:
25 Vintage-Inspired Projects for the Modern Girl & A Stylish History of the Sewing Revolution, a reading book as much as a project book.

She recently invited me to do a Q&A on her blog about the unique challenges of putting together a kick-ass craft book proposal. If you're crafty at all, I'd recommend checking out what I have to say on the matter, and spending some time on Judi's blog. You'll be inspired in more ways than one.

No comments:

A sampling of my books