Wednesday, February 23, 2011


We should all be so lucky to find meaningful work that makes us happy. To work with a close friend is just pink icing on a very tasty cake.

For the past decade, I’ve been writing books, usually ones that tickle me, well, pink. Now, Kerry Colburn, my friend of 15 years, and I are imparting our collective knowledge to other authors-in-progress. We delivered a talk last September to a full room at the Hotel Andra and things just started to snowball. We created a proposal workshop and partnered with the Hotel 1000 for a series of publishing talks. In just a few short months, we have a whole new business and it’s more fun than a bushel of kittens.

I mean, I get to help people realize their dream AND do it with a pal. That’s pretty darn dreamy.

If you are interested in finding out more about our publishing talks, workshops, and consultations, check out our blog, The Business of Books. Our next workshop is coming up on Saturday, March 5. If you are ready to develop your book idea into a viable proposal, this 3-hour class is for you!

(photo: Gregg Snodgrass)

No comments:

A sampling of my books