Monday, June 15, 2009

Craftin' my life away

I've been crazy busy promoting Backcountry Betty: Crafting With Style and tomorrow, Tuesday, I'll be talking about all the great projects in the book on Whole Living with Terri Trespicio on Martha Stewart Radio. I should be on around 10:30am ET so check it out. I'll also be talking all things Betty at the Vashon Island Library on Wednesday and the West Seattle Library on Saturday.

Meanwhile, I'm furiously cranking out gorgeous projects for my next book so they can be photographed. Writing the manuscript is the most challenging part of the publishing process but it's certainly not the end of my job. Sometimes I just have to review edits, illustrations, and page proofs. But in this case, I have to create 50 projects that are ready for their close-up. At the moment, my apartment looks like a craft bomb detonated. I don't work well in chaos so I keep cleaning up after each craft is completed and then I start the mayhem anew. Not the most time-efficient strategy…

No comments:

A sampling of my books