- Sliced Green Pears with Flor de Sel
- Salad of Bitter Greens with Truffle Vinaigrette
- Seared Muscovy Duck Breast with Caramel-Vinegar Sauce
- Wilted Red Cabbage with Chestnuts & Watercress
- Sarlat Potatoes with Hachis
- Stewed Quince with Bay-Scented Cream
The chef from Feast was just wonderful, adding fresh fennel seeds from a plant she found at 19th & Roy to the pears. Several dishes were cooked in the duck fat from the breasts she served and it was beyond decadent. The stewed quince with cream filled my mouth with fall and I'm eager to whip up a harvest crisp now.
I highly recommend looking into these informal events at European Vine Selections. It was a small, friendly crowd talking food and politics; I can't wait to go back.