Friday, July 20, 2007

Craft services

I was at a friend's house once, hanging out with a few pals and waiting for a potential love interest to show up. While I was waiting, I picked up a scarf Alison was knitting and worked a few rows. Both male friends in the room told me in no uncertain terms to put the needles down and out of sight. Jared told me, "Honey, knitting is so not sexy." Josh agreed.

Wha wha WHA?!

Knitting is not sexy? What could be more smokin' than showing off my nimble fingers, all the while crafting some cool scarf or hat or bikini top? Okay, I'm not usually knitting saucy undergarments or beachwear but the point is that I could. I can make all sorts of things, do all sorts of things with these hands, and I think that's hot.

What do you think? Knitting, embroidering, crocheting, and other rustic crafts: hot or not?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I stand corrected. I obviously overlooked the benefits of dextrous fingers (heehee), and instead was worried that the potential love interest would possess neanderthal instincts and associate our heroine with his grandmother....he should be so lucky!!

A sampling of my books